Castelo de São Jorge provides both general and themed guided tours with a duration of an hour, in various languages, for the price of 4€.
These tours are guided by experts in history, art history and archaeology, and the themes are announced daily at the ticket office.
Paid guided tours start at the ticket office or at the marked meeting point near the entrance doors.
If you have booked a guided tour online or via e-mail, please check to see the specified meeting point.
Tour schedules and availability must be confirmed on the day.
4 €, duration 1 hour, various languages (Portuguese, English, French, Italian and Spanish)*
Guided tours in French, Italian and Spanish must be booked in advance.
firstname.lastname@example.org | +351 218 800 620
|Guided tours||Check the daily programme on our agenda.|
11.30am, 2.30pm, 4.30pm, 7pm*
* Only from April to September | 6pm in October
The Castle and the Royal Palace;
– The Castle and the Archaeological Site;
– The Archaeological Site and the Museum;
– Castle visit at sunset (from April to October).
|Themed tours||11.30am, 2.30pm, 4.30pm | Only available by booking in advance|
– The city of Lisbon, the Royal Palace and the Castle before the earthquake;
– Memories of a Citadel: the palaces around the Castelo de São Jorge;
– From Olisipo to Lixbona: from the earliest occupations to the Christian conquest;
– The everyday life of a Muslim in Lisbon during the Middle Ages;
– The Castle: how to build, defend and attack a medieval fortress.
|Inclusive tours||4 € | Length 1h|
Bookings: +351 218 800 620 | email@example.com
– Tours with audio description in Portuguese for the blind or persons with visual impairments.
– Tours in Portuguese Sign Language (LGP).